Beechwood Funeral, Cemetery, and Cremation Services
280 Beechwood Ave.
Ottawa, ON K1L 8A6
Located in the Beechwood National Memorial Centre. Access from the Beechwood Avenue entrance.
24-hour assistance by phone:
BEECHWOOD COVID-19 PROTOCOL
Step Three – Effective as of July 22, 2021
For your protection, as well as that of the Beechwood staff, certain protocols are now in place.
Here is what you can expect:
We strongly encourage email and/or phone appointments. Should an in-person meeting be unavoidable, only two (2) individuals will be allowed to enter the Beechwood National Memorial Centre.
All Guests are to remain in their vehicles and phone 613-741-9530 to announce their arrival prior to their appointments or entering our facilities for services. The building is accessible to the public, by appointment, from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Upon entering the Beechwood National Memorial Centre
All guests must go through a screening process upon arrival:
- Provide your name, which must be on a guest list and/or an appointment logbook.
- Confirm you have no signs and/or symptoms of COVID-19 through self-assessment.
- Wear a mask, as they are mandatory at all times inside the facilities.
- Sanitize your hands.
Everyone is asked to maintain social distancing at all times – Beechwood is a no hug and no handshake zone. Once screened, stay within the building to ensure safety of all.
Visitations and Funeral Services
Promptly provide your Funeral Director with a complete list of guests who will be attending the service(s) 24 hours prior:
- Sacred Space – Maximum of 66 attendees (including Clergy & Musicians).
- Visitation Suites – Maximum of 35 standing or 25 seated attendees (including Clergy & Musicians).
- Borden & Fleming Suites – Maximum of 25 standing or seated attendees (including Clergy & Musicians).
- Visitation/Service by invitation only due to the limit of people allowed in each room (including Clergy & Musicians)
- Receptions are permitted and their capacity is limited to the number of seated attendees per room. Extra charges may apply for the removal or rearrangement of furniture in certain rooms.
Coffee lounge unavailable – Bottled water will be provided.
Distribution of stationery handouts and/or hymn and prayer books has been suspended.
Attendees arriving for an interment are to stay in their cars and one member of the family is to phone 613-741-9530 to announce their arrival and a Beechwood staff member will come to greet you.
- Masks and physical distancing are mandatory for all present during any interment/inurnment services.
- Interment – No maximum of attendees.
- Mausoleum Inurnment – Maximum of 17 attendees (including Clergy & Musicians).
- BNMC Inurnment – Maximum of 5 attendees (including Clergy & Musicians).
Once the graveside service is complete, avoid lingering at the site (20 minutes max) - this will allow our staff to do their job effectively. Only Beechwood Cemetery staff members are permitted to touch the equipment and/or burial dressings.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 613-741-9530 for more details.